Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independence Day

When i take a step back and evaluate my life i can not help but see Gods redeeming love pouring over me. From the blessing of a family that will press me to the Lord to a public college that has challenged me to grow in ways i never thought possible. God indeed is good and through His grace i have been saved. As that thought becomes more and more a reality i fall deeper and deeper in love with the creator of this universe. Because of his strength through me i was able to lead my room in a way that pointed them to the cross. However this last two weeks i got the idea that i was doing this all on my own and our rooms success was because of me and the things i have done. And the moment i got that thought in my head God brought me back to a place where i can do nothing but rely on Him. He is my strength and where i find success. All of my righteous deeds are like filthy rags but in him i can do all things. Psalms 146:5 says "blessed is he whose help is the God of jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God." This is my one and only prayer for this week, i pray that God will be my help and my rooms help and that we will realize that God is the only place we find strength without him we are worthless broken men damned to eternal fire. Thank you all for your prayers and support! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post!! Thanks for the update, we love you, miss you and are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete